Firmware on the headset is updated through the OV Loop Application for either Android or iOS. The application version will change if a new update is available.
Please check the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to assure you have the latest application available, the Firmware is within the application release. Current version is 12_1.
If you receive a notification of an update via the OV Loop application you will see the “Update” at the bottom of the app main screen.
If you do not see this “Update” you can check by going into the OV Loop Application:
- Tap the 3 horizontal bars at the top left of the screen
- Open Settings
- Open Device Management
- Under About, look for Firmware
If the Firmware is 12_1 then you have the latest at this time, if you have anything prior to that you can update from this screen.
- You must have the headset paired to the phone
- You must have the latest OV Loop Application
- You must have the headset plugged into a power source
- The phone should be charged or on a charger
- You WILL NOT be able to use the phone or headset during the update, please allow 1.5 to 2 hours for the update to occur
- Select one of 2 methods:
- Select update at the bottom of the main screen
- Go to Settings -> Manage Devices -> Check for updates
Once the update has launched you will see a message “Updating Device”
As the headset is being updated there will be a progress bar that will show how far along the update has progressed.
Once Completed the headset will reboot.
- In some cases you may need to stop the application, turn off the headset, and restart both
- If the headset does not show the new Firmware after the update is complete
- Unpair the headset from the phone and repair the headset to the phone
- Repair the headset to the application